Throwing it back to the Brooklyn Naval Hospital as it looked before it was closed (the top and bottom right-hand shots are from 1966, and the bottom left is from 1920). The Navy Yard was commissioned by John Adams in 1801, and ship construction began there in 1806. This hospital was a 125-room building designed by Martin Thompson in Greek Revival style in 1836. It provided 50% of the medical supplies during the Civil War and continued as a working hospital until the closing of the Navy Yard under the Johnson administration. It was sealed up in 1989 and was abandoned for over two decades, a “ghostly marble temple” as the New York Times described it. It is currently in the process of being restored by Steiner Studios.